- On April 14 the recording of the webinar we gave on April 7 concerning open-source geomatics, music, and rural areas was published. This is a 45-minute summary, with various live insets by Etruschi from Lakota, of the years of pibinko.org story. The presentation is in English and tuned to the free/open source software community, since we had an invitation from them, but it may be re-told in other languages and targeted to a different audience. We are posting this only now since several of you were on holiday in the past few days: http://www.pibinko.org/the-recording-of-the-webinar-of-open-source-geomatics-environment-and-music-from-southern-tuscany/.
- The week is quite calm on the outreach side, but start preparing for April 24 and 25 with large loads of live music coming up!
Ten years ago, today
Amy Winehous (RIP) was on the charts with Rehab.
Having received in mid-February the notification of acceptance for our proposal to bring palla a 21 e traditional card games at the Art of Play di Chicago, our fundraising phase was ramping up. This continued during all Spring and started with:
- a bingo evening in Torniella
- an Easter egg lottery, offered by the La Combriccola wine bar (note: the former managers, Antonella and Andrea)
- a “briscola” tournament in Torniella
- a “briscola” tournament inScalvaia
- a community lunch in Scalvaia
The word crowdfunding was a lot less used than it is now, possibly also among future metropolitan startuppers, but this is what this was.
- the bylaws for GFOSS.it (the future Italian chapter for the Open Source Geospatial Consortium) was circulating among the founding members to be signed
- I was inquiring with friend on how “ganzo” (a Tuscan version of “cool”) could be translated in Portuguese, but don’t ask me why
(…to be continued)
- On http://www.pibinko.org/calendar you may check which events lie further ahead, or review the list past events starting from mid-December 2016, with the opening by the Farma Valley Winter Fest
- In the News sections of pibinko.org e attivarti.org you will find references to most of the stories mentiong above (respectively starting from November 1991 and March 2007).
- Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information, comments or suggestions.